Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 years in, and Lightroom is still pretty much unusable

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC: i7 6700k, 32GB DDR, Samsung SSD, GTX 1070 Windows 10

Lightroom is very slow at basic tasks like select images, change module, write caption title etc.

Can take up to 10 seconds just to select a few images. small jpgs as well as hires raws. LR freezes for some seconds (not responding).

What I have tried:

uncheck/check gpu acc.

reset preferences.

removed all plugins

disabled all plugins

uninstall and reinstall LR

made a new catalog with just 130 images. Same response as catalog with 100k images.

When browsing images, the cpu usage goes up to 10-15%

It's been like this since last fall when I built this PC. On my macbook pro 2011 it is just regular slow. Not ridiculous slow like this.

But tasks like editing images with the sliders in dev module, import and export seems to run like normal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's really weird. I'm using an eight year old HP Pavilion desktop I5 – 2400 with 8 GB RAM, and I have no performance issues whatsoever. Can't tell you why. Seems like if your computer works right it works right, and if it doesn't there's not much you can do about it. I didn't build my PC, bought it from HP with Windows 7 installed. It has been "upgraded" to Windows 10, and I've installed a SSD main drive. But I have never experienced any performance issues. Lightroom has always performed "reasonably" well. It isn't a speed demon. If I try to stitch panoramas with like 21 raw images it can take 5 min. to complete the process. But "normal" processing is virtually instantaneous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your system information as Lightroom Classic reports it. In LRC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste into reply. Info from first line down to just past plug-in info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, whaat antivirus/internet security/firewall?

I forget the culprit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you uninstalled/reinstalled LRC, did you just uninstall via Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, AP (ACCDA) then turn around and reinstall?

Or did you accomplish a full ballistic uninstall by:

Using Adobe Camera RAW Desktop App to uninstall all Apps

Reboot

Shut down any running services that are Adobe

Using the tool from Adobe to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App

Reboot

Using Adobe CC Cleaner tool to remove ALL Adobe

Reboot

Use Windows App management to uninstall anything somehow still on the computer

Copy all the various settings, presets, watermarks, copyright, file name templates, etc, to a safe location

Check that no Adobe service was still running

Delete anything still Adobe via file manager, all thos various programs, code, etc in various locations

Run a maintance tool to fix the registry

Cold boot

Download fresh new copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App

Pay attention to any messages popping up during or immediatly after that install

Reinstall everything desired?

Run plug-in installs from third party programs like Luminary's, reinstall third party apps that do not have such options. Put all those user items back

Yes, that is the overkill route. Takes lots of time, requires lots of  attention

Just using ACCDA to uninstall does not clean out old trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines