Exit

5.7.1 Upgrade?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Forgive me as I'm new to this!

I purchased a desktop version of LR 5.7.1 some time ago and its great for the basic stuff I use it for. Recently I've had a few issues with it and wondered if I should upgrade to the most recent version. Am I able to purchase a simple upgrade with a one off payment and no cloud etc? If I cant do this and I have to go on the monthly plan how do I ensure all my old images catalogues are not lost? Advice appreciated, many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Am I able to purchase a simple upgrade with a one off payment and no cloud etc?

No.

Lightroom-Classic v9.2 (the 'latest' upgrade beyond v5.71) is now only available by subscription. A '12 month Annual Plan' that is paid Monthly or Annually.

If you so want- You do NOT have to use the "Cloud" for anything except for Installing Lr. Your program software and photo files all work and are kept locally in your computer. The Creative Cloud Desktop App controls your installations and does a monthly check to see your subscription is paid.

If I cant do this and I have to go on the monthly plan how do I ensure all my old images catalogues are not lost?

When you install Lr-CLassic v9.2 and run the program it will make a copy of your Catalog, modify it to work with v9.2, and you have nothing more to do other than carry on using Lr-Classic. (More than one Catalog? Classic will copy and update each catalog when opened.). Your photo files remain exactly where they are in your folders.

***You must choose the "Photography Plan" that includes- Lightroom-CLASSIC, Photoshop, Lightroom (mobile), Bridge, 20Gb Cloud storage. @US$9.99/Month

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines