• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

9.2.1 library mode looks off

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated, and when in library mode, I noticed the colors are off (whites have a pinkish tone and highlights look blown and funky, among other things).  It was never like this before.  When I go to the develop tab, things look normal again.  What gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

This almost always is due to a corrupt monitor profile. You need to re-calibrate your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This almost always is due to a corrupt monitor profile. You need to re-calibrate your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just calibrated last week, and things worked normally in the last version of LR.  Now with this latest update, the photos look like crap in the library mode, but not in develop mode (although, even in develop mode, the little thumbnails at the bottom of the screen look wrong, too).  Everything else on my PC looks fine, so this has to be a LR problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll stick with my earlier answer. This is almost always a monitor calibration problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can it be a monitor calibration issue when it's only LR, and only certain panels at that?  It's sounds more like an Adobe eff up to me.  Getting sick of their crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monitor Calibration is the only known cause of your symptoms. Most other programs do not use monitor calibration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows uses my monitor cal, for one, so do other programs I run.  Everything was perfect until I just installed this update.  It's pretty clear Adobe is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crap, I also just noticed that all my slider presets are gone in the develop module (they are all zeroed out).  What the hell????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How can it be a monitor calibration issue when it's only LR, and only certain panels at that?"

Library and Develop use different code for displaying images, and they use the ICC profile differently. dj_paige is absolutely correct -- the problem of differing colors in Library and Develop happens fairly frequently (as reported on these forums), and the cause is an ICC profile that is either corrupt or incompatible with LR (e.g. if it is an ICC version 4 or matrix profile).  In the past, Windows update has been notorious for replacing the display's ICC profile with one from the display manufacturer that doesn't conform to industry standards.

See here for how you can quickly test whether the issue is being caused by the display profile: 

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-... 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so I tried loading an older profile, and sure enough, things look normal in LR.  My latest profile is ICC v2, and pretty sure it was table bases, but maybe matrix got checked by accident?).  I'll do a fresh cal now and see what happens.  The weird thing is, I did the latest cal a week or two ago, and have used LR almost every day since then.  It was fine until today right after I updated.

Any idea why all my saved settings are gone?  In fact, it won't even let me save new ones.  When I hold down alt, the 'previous' button doesn't change to 'set as defaults' or whatever it normally says.Annotation 2020-04-21 194458.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines