• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A Request for Lightroom Classic Capability

Engaged ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would LOVE for LR to be able to read Illustrator files! As a graphic artist, I often use Illustrator to produce some of the pieces that go into my compositions. Right now I have to use Finder to track those and store them in a separate folder from the main project (I'm talking long term storage, not while I'm working on them). I know, there is Bridge, but... (fill in the blank). It seems strange that Finder (an Apple product) will read .ai files but LR (and Adobe product) won't. Anyway, something to think about that will make LR all that much more useful to us. Thanks for reading.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Lightroom is not a vector image editor, it's designed to edit pixel based images.

And unlike the Finder, it is not a file browser. It will only display imported files, and .ai files cannot be imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a link on the main page of this forum that says "Submit Product Feedback". That is the proper place for feature suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, ok. I'll note that for the future. Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is not a vector image editor, it's designed to edit pixel based images.

And unlike the Finder, it is not a file browser. It will only display imported files, and .ai files cannot be imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I sort of figured that would be the case. I was hoping the browser portion of the program might be able to accomodate the vector art, but that's likely a lot harder to do than say. Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines