• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally pressed sync to Lightroom mobile in Lightroom Classic-how to undo?

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom successfully for three years and now have all my work on Lightroom Classic on my Mac. I have the creative cloud photography plan.

I accidentally ticked the Sync to Lightroom box in the top left corner of the screen and as soon as I saw it starting to upload/sync  what appeared to be my full photo collection to the cloud I clicked pause. Unfortunately 2000 photos now seem to be in the cloud. I do not want my photos on the cloud.

How can I delete these files from the cloud without also deleting the original from my folders on my laptop hard drive?????  Adobe help screens suggest deleting files from the cloud will lead to them being deleted elswhere.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the LR Classic synced photos from your account at lightroom.adobe.com removes them from the LR Cloud Desktop, Mobile, and Web apps, but not from LR Classic. BTW-LR Classic synced images are Smart Previews (2560 px long edge), which do not use your Cloud storage space quota (i.e. free storage).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply. What is BTW-LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW-LR = "By the way- Lightroom"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the Adobe help screen is wrong. It thinks you are using just the cloud version of Lightroom and are not using Classic. Just remove the images from the special "all synced photographs" collection in Classic (open the collection, select all, and then hit the delete button - you will see a dialog that explains what will happen) and they will be removed from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.
I don't see a folder or collection of all synced photos on my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's here:

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 3.02.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it now. Thank you.

I have found a delete all synced data button in Preferences would this also remove all synced images from the cloud without deleting them from Hard Drive?Screenshot 2019-12-31 at 14.12.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following your suggestion I just tried to delete three files from "all
synced photos" folder and got a message saying they will only be deleted
when sync is activated.
I am hesitating to re-activate sync because I expect it will cause lots
more synced files to download.
That is how I got into this situation on the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either of the methods (delete all synced data or deleting all from the all synced photographs collection) should give the same result. I believe you'll have to reenable syncinn both cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lat time I ticked "sync to mobile" it started to download all my images. I have now paused sync. You seem to be saying I have to reactivate sync before any images I have marked for deletion will actually be deleted. THis sounds like I will go round in circles. Am I misunderstanding you??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you'll go through some circular motions. That is inevitable unfortunately. Without the sync on Classic will not know to delete the images from the cloud. Not sure why you use the word download above. What is downloading? I thought you were uploading images from Classic to the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Of course I meant uploading. My mistake.
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try what you have suggested and reply in a few days. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines