• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally removed a photo from a collection, how to undo?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I accidentally removed a photo from a collection, but did not yet publish it in flickr.

Is there a way to move it back to the collection ?

I am using LR 2015.10.

Thank you,

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Did you remove it from the Collection or did you Remove Photo and then select Delete from Disk.

If you just removed it from the collection Find that image in the LR Library module and Drag and Drop it back into the collection. It is still in the catalog and still on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Please take a look at these suggestions https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/how-to-undo-a-delete-from-disk.12714/  and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you remove it from the Collection or did you Remove Photo and then select Delete from Disk.

If you just removed it from the collection Find that image in the LR Library module and Drag and Drop it back into the collection. It is still in the catalog and still on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it really THAT easy ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MostCreativeWhileSleeping  wrote

Was it really THAT easy ?

Yes.

A collection is LR is just a LIST of images you want Grouped together. Removing an image from a collection is like drawing a line through an entry in a list you hand wrote. Nothing is really deleted and all you have to do to add that same thing to the list again is write it at the bottom of the list.

Glad you got it figured out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, but what if I accidentally deleted a couple images from a collection in LR mobile, but I don't know which 2 images? It's a curated collection of 1,200 images, and now I don't know which two images I accidentally deleted. I certainly still have the files, that's not the issue, but how can I know which two images it is that I need to add back to this collection?

Andrew S Klug // ASK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologize for multiple messages. I have a backup of my LR catalog, is there a way to pull just one collection out of there? Sort of like a revert to backup for just the one collection that I accidentally deleted images from?

Andrew S Klug // ASK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines