• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally removed some photos from a collection, but not sure which ones, how to undo?

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally deleted a 3-4 images from a collection in LR mobile, but I don't know which 3-4 images? It's a curated collection of 1,200 images, and now I don't know which images I accidentally deleted. I am working on multiple collections in parralel and thought I was editing out images in a different collection. The issue is not recovering the image files, which were not deleted and which I still have in my catalog and on my disk. But how can I know which 3-4 images it is that I need to add back to this collection? I have a recent backup of my LR catalog (does that include collections?), is there a way to pull just one collection out of there? Sort of like a "revert to backup" specific to just the one collection that I accidentally deleted images from?

Andrew S Klug // ASK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

is there a way to pull just one collection out of there?

Yes, but it takes some 'understanding' to know what you are doing!

See the article at this link that describes similar to what you are trying to achieve-

RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog?

You would be -

1) Opening a Backup Catalog (Do not over-write your current catalog!)

2) Highlight the Collection (that contains all the photos)

3) [Right-Click] this Collection, and [Export this Collection as a Catalog] to a temporary 'Transfer' catalog.

4) Close the Backup Catalog

5) Open your Master Current Catalog

6) Do -MENU: File > Import from another Catalog, and select the temporary 'Transfer' catalog.

You do not need 'Negatives' as you already have the files referenced in the catalog.

You can do a 'learning' experiment very quickly-

1) Export a test Collection as a Catalog to a temp catalog,

2) Delete photos in this test Collection,

3) Import the temp catalog

You may see multiple images in this Catalog Import window, but only the previews in the Collection are restored.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines