• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally replaced photos with another photo under the same file name. Please help!!

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was locating missing files on Lightroom, but on accident I clicked on the same file name of the image I was trying to locate but it was the same file name for another image so now it's replacing every single file with that folder of images & im about to cry.

im a wedding photographer and it's replacing a wedding gallery I'm suppose to send out tonight with another wedding. PLEASE someone tell me I can stop or undo this. I've tried so many things and it won't undo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you did a "find missing folder" or a "find missing file" and navigated to the wrong place.

There is no "undo" for this. The best you could hope for here would be to restore the old catalog from a backup made just before you attempted the fix.

I would try the action again, probably at the folder level, by doing a "relocate folder" in the Folders panel then navigating to the correct folder. Use Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer to find the correct folder first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The workaround can be simple or difficult depending on the number of images and situation. However, you can remove the images from the Catalog and then reimport them.

The future safeguard is to import all images using a unique name, such as YYYYMMDD_subject

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines