• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

activate lightroom classic

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription and serial number for Lightroom Classic 4.4.  I have a new laptop and just installed the free version.  I deleted my previous program from my old computer.  I see no way to enter my existing serial number in Lightroom Classic on my new computer.  Searching on the Adobe website has been fruitless.  Does anyone know how to activate this free version with my existing serial number?  Any other options.  In my account this version of Lightroom Classic is registered under my name.  Option to reinstall???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LR Classic are you installing? 4.4 or the most current version LR Classic 9?

If you do have a Photographers subscription plan there is NO Need to first install an older version of LR before you install the one that comes with the subscription.

you do not need a serial number with the subscription system. It is all controlled by signing in using the Adobe ID you used to buy the subscription plan.

Have you installed the Creative Cloud Desktop app? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marthae1, I think we need to sort out our understanding of your questions.

So some clarity-

Lightroom-Classic (currently at v9.0) is only available by a subscription to a 'Photography Plan with 20Gb'.

Lightroom-Classic does not use or need a Serial Number.

Serial Numbers were for "Standalone" versions of Lightroom versions 1-6 only.

Lightroom "Free" v4.4 is only for Android and iOS phones. Not Macs or PCs.

All subscription downloads and install of software to Macs & PCs is controlled by the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App.

And the Creative Cloud Desktop App requires you to "Sign In" with your ID and Password. No Serial Number is required.

So my questions-

What have you subscribed to?  What Plan? What does it include?

Have you installed the Creative Cloud Desktop App on your laptop?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or, is it possible that the Lightroom 4.4 you are referring to is the old Lightroom 4.4 standalone version that is several years old and several versions back, and it is not related to Lightroom Classic at all? That version DID require a serial number, but it is completely unrelated to any of the currently available Lightroom programs. I might be completely off base, but just wondering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines