• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add photos from P-cloud to Classic

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all my photos organized into folders on a P-Cloud drive.  I have created a new catalog in LR Classic.  I just want to add the photos, not import them.  I do not have enough space on my local drive.  That is why I moved them to the cloud in the first place.  However, LR Classic wants to copy the photos rather than add them.  How can I get it to do what I want?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally the original image files need to be on a local (internal or external) drive or a network drive for LrC to see them.

Not sure what p-cloud is, but if LrC can see the images due to the p-cloud software making the cloud drive look like a network drive, then you may be able to do an import using the "add" option instead of the "copy" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good find on the plug-in.

Unfortunately, that looks like an export handler when an import/drive handler is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that really doesn't do the job I'm looking for.  Thanks for trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I do not have enough space on my local drive. That is why I moved them to the cloud in the first place."

The best way to do this is use an external USB drive for storing all of your files locally as a minimum backup to your P-Cloud strorage. Then sync the external drive to your P-Cloud storage. You can also create Smart Previews if you want the ability to view and edit your files with the external drive disconnected. You could also simply use Lightroom (not Classic) and use it's Cloud storage. Either way you really need to keep a local copy of all your files for backup purposes in addition to the Cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines