Highlighted

Add rectangular gradient masking tool to Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Circular and linear gradient masking tools are great and very useful. I think adding a rectangular one would be nice. Perhaps one whose corners could be rounded as needed.

This would be incredibly helpful to real estate photographers like me.

Thanks!

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Add rectangular gradient masking tool to Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Circular and linear gradient masking tools are great and very useful. I think adding a rectangular one would be nice. Perhaps one whose corners could be rounded as needed.

This would be incredibly helpful to real estate photographers like me.

Thanks!

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to create local adjustments for things like windows, you can brush straight lines with the adjustment brush -- rather than holding the mouse down, click where the line should start, and then shift-click where it should end. Each time you shift click, it draws a straight line from where you last brushed.

For windows, I often select a low value for Feather and Automask, then straight-line brush the edges of the window. Then with Automask turned off, I fill in the window. When Automask doesn't work as well, I'll brush a straight line without it. Here's a video: Dropbox - straight-lines-adjustment-brush.2019.03.01.mov

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am aware of the ability to create straight lines with the brush tool, but having a rectangle could potentially save several steps each time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Please add your constructive opinion why you'd like this to this feature request:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-filter-shapes

and be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0