• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add watermark without exporting?

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally add my watermark when exporting however I recently started using Adobe Portfolio and have set up several collections to automatically upload images.  In doing so I realized there are many images that do not have my watermark because I have not exported them.  So here are my questions: 

How can I add my watermatk to multiple images without exporting them?

Can you add watermark during import process?

I have figured out a way to use the "edit in photoshop" action to send the image to Photoshop and have created a action to add the watermark and that works fine on one image however ...when I save the image with the watermark added in photoshop how do I get it back in Lightroom with the watermark?

Open to any ideas and suggestions. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I add my watermark to multiple images without exporting them?

You cannot. You do need to 'Export' in some manner.

Can you add watermark during import process?

No.

"edit in photoshop" can be a different workflow if you are sending a 'raw' (nef, cr2, etc) or 'RGB' (jpg, tiff) to Photoshop.-

A 'raw' file sent to Ps from LrC is in effect an 'Export' that creates a new RGB file (tif,psd) that can have your watermark embedded. The watermark is added, the file is saved (by [SAVE] ) and the new tif/psd appears back in Lightroom (then 'Export' to JPG).

An 'RGB' file when sent to Ps from LrC will get options- and when watermark has been added and the file saved [SAVE]- the image is changed and appears back in Lightroom. CAUTION- using 'Edit Original' will over-write your file! 'Edit a Copy' would be the preferred option!

how do I get it back in Lightroom with the watermark?

If you 'send' a file to Ps by [Edit-In] then you must only use the [SAVE] command in Ps for the edited (with watermark) image to automatically appear back in LrC.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are working in Grid View in the Library Module, you may have the "Sort" button set to a sort type that does not return your images from PS next to the source file in LRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines