• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Profile to Library Filter Search Options

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Library Filter Bar, it would be nice if there is an option to search by "Profile" (from the Develop Module > Basic Panel).
As it is now, one can search by "Treatment" and "Develop Preset" but not by the Profiles in the right panel of the Develop Module > Basic Panel.

For example, you cannot filter images by profiles such as "Adobe Landscape" "Camera Muted" "Artistic 1" etc.
This would be great, and also allow to add those profiles as keywords to images later by filtering.

I would also like something more verbally defining than "Artistic 1", Modern 3", " B&W 9" in the profiles.

Is there also a separate Feedback/Feature Request form for Lightroom (Classic) that I can send this siggestion directly to Adobe?

Thanks

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

The Any Filter plugin by John Ellis can search for any combination of the Develop settings along with any other metadata. I find it very useful and it goes way beyond anything Adobe will ever implement.

http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm

Concerning the Creative profiles it would be difficult to makes the names more "descriptive." What did you have in mind? This may be helpful:

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2018/04/adobe-camera-raw-april-update-raw-and-creative-profiles.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Any Filter plugin by John Ellis can search for any combination of the Develop settings along with any other metadata. I find it very useful and it goes way beyond anything Adobe will ever implement.

http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm

Concerning the Creative profiles it would be difficult to makes the names more "descriptive." What did you have in mind? This may be helpful:

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2018/04/adobe-camera-raw-april-update-raw-and-creative-profiles.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the plugin suggestion. I will look into it.

All I am really suggesting is that Lightroom makes the Develop "Profiles" searchable in the Library Filter, the same way they have already made the Develop Presets (left panel) a searchable field in the Library Filter. Seems simple enough.

I think I want the Creative Profiles to be more "verbal" like the Develop Presets - ex. cool tone, aged, punch, split tone, matte,  etc.
For example, I can tell that many of the Modern and Artistic Profiles are similar in "tone and color" to some of  the Develop Presets (though I understand that profiles are different than presets). 

Thanks

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best way to do this is post two separate 'Idea' posts at the link Ian_Lyons provided. Unlike here those posts are monitored by Adobe staff. Suggest also placing a link to those posts in a reply here once completed. People landing here can add their 'Me To' vote and comments to your posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I did as suggested, though I kept them as one post šŸ˜ž Yes, I probably should have broken them up for others to "me too" vote.

Also, thanks for the article link.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines