• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding text to a pre-existing title deletes caption?

Participant ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR  Classic, v10.1, on MacBook Pro  2017, Catalina 10.15.7

I am experiencing a contiueing problem when adding to an existing image title.

The scenario is as follows.....

As I publish travel photography, after I have added a geo title(country, city, subject) and after adding a sometimes lengthy caption, I will go back to the title to add an additional description of the image. Generally, on screen, the first lines of the caption overlap the last line of the title. The only way to add to the title is to place the cursor mid-text on the title, and then right arrow over to the end of the text in order to add more text. Often the added text jumps to the caption and deletes the caption which requires deleting the text in the caption that should have been in the title, adding the text to the title as intended, then having to restore the caption which for the most part is common so I can retrieve it, but not always. Equally, going to Edit and undo selection does not restore the caption.

I suspect this is a software bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate this on Windows 10. Please show us a screen capture of the problem, especially the part where the lines overlap. Use the "insert photos" icon to include your screen capture in your reply. Do not add a file attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're tripping over this bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-truncated-fields-an... 

Please add your details to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 4.08.33 PM.png

The above screen shot shows the title truncated by the caption.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 4.02.31 PM.png

In the above image, if one clicks on the end of the title copy in order to add more text, the background highlights in blue.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 4.02.53 PM.png

In the above image, when attempting to add text to the title, the caption dominates with a blue screen.

The only workaround, to modify the title, is to click anywhere in the title text to get a white background, and then arrow across to the end of the title text, to add more information.

I hope this helps.

Happy New Year,

Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, that's the bug I linked to.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it's good to know I am in good company😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines