• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Address lookup stops imports to ask if it should run

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am rebuilding multiple lartge catalogs from scratch and at least 3 times now I would launch the build catalogue and after the first images make it I turn the screen off and let it go, only to come back 8 hours later and find it went nowhere because Address lookup wanted to know if it should run.

Is there some way of NOT having it stop all processing of the images until someone clicks uyes or no?  Why is this not in the import parameters along with renaming.  Its close to the stupidest thing I've seen in the product.  That and the lack of being able to pre-filter the files by anything other than location (Not by type, date, size, and not by any metadata...  is would be a nice assist to the prunning effort.)  But while that is still out there, PLEASE SHUT OFF THE DAMN ADDRESS LOOKUP QUESTION!!! Please  It is poor design and Adobe should be better than that

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How frustrating, Randy.

Can you post a screen shot as well as your LRC and OS version thanks?

It looks like rebooting helps clear this but I know that's not always possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was hoping to but have not imported much new in the past few weeks.  But this issue is not totally new.  Just take say 20 raw files and try to import them with copy and rename (so you wont overwrite something else) andwhat will happen is that the process will initialize itself and then wonder why address resolution is not active, stop everything, ask and wait for answers....  When you are importing say 10,000 pics from an archive and they were all taken on a camera with no GPS, it will take a few minutes to start the process and pop up the box.  during whihc you have had time to leave,expecting it done when you return, but no... LR decides you could not in all probability refused to have GPS info, so it stops everything until you can forcefully tell it that it should be ignored, process anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DEpends how you are going to answer that prompt. If your answer will be "no", have you un-checked that option in the Catalog settings / Metadata tab?

You can SORT an import batch e.g. by file type, by file name or by capture date, in the import screen before proceeding. Then you can check or uncheck ranges within that sorted list. For example: I prefix date (in a number format) to the naming of exported file versions but have no such date prefixed to originals / derived files. So I could sort the list by filename to separate out those that do or don't start with a number, as different classes of image file. Then shift_click to highlight and uncheck (X key) whichever half of that listing I don't want to import, once I find where that boundary is. Then I could sort by capture date instead, and this time highlight all those images outside a certain date range, based on the tooltips you see as you hover. X key will again unselect all highlighted images, leaving only images still checked for import that are not exports, and that were taken in 2011 (or whatever other selectivity you want). Those images only then get copied into your new location and folder-filed inside there in the desired way, importing to this Catalog from that location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines