• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

addresses of all photos in catalog corrupted.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to open an older, 3 months old, catalog and the sytem needed to upgrade the cataloge.  I said yes.  When done the links to all my photos was ccorrupt.  Tried a different vaalogue, same results.  Upgrades OS, same results.   Running LRÇ.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your old catalogs are still intact and sitting on your hard disk somewhere. Try reverting to Lightroom Classic 9.4 and see if those catalogs will open correctly. If they do open correctly, this rules that the catalogs were already corrupted before you upgraded them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by Addresses are Corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every photo has an !.  I say go find photo in finder and it does so.  the ! appears for every photo  in multple cataloges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means LrC can't find the images on the drive and or in the folders they were in when they were Imported into that catalog file.

That happens if you move them from one drive and or folder to another drive and or folder Outside of LrC with the File Manager for the OS you are using Or if the drive they are on, and External Drive, is not connected and or the Drive Letter or Name (for MacOS) has changed.

Please Note that there are NO Image Files In the LrC Catalog file. That file is a Database file that only holds a Record, A Reference, to where the images are stored on your computers hard drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every photo has an !. I say go find photo in finder and it does so. the ! appears for every photo in multple cataloges

This does not indicate the catalog file is corrupted. It indicates that the photos are not where LightrooM Classic thinks they should be. There are a number of possible causes not involving corruption. One is that somehow the folder hierarchy got changed — renaming or moving the top-level folder in the hierarchy can cause this, among other things. On Windows, the drive letter might have changed; on a Mac the drive name may have changed.

Please investigate these possibilities and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBok Pro which has no DVD drive.  I purchased the Apple DVD drive.  All my port o the McBook are used, so I unplugged a cable (it was a disc drive that had photos and catalogs) and plugged in the DVD drive.  I plugged back in the disc drives and they had updated path names.  Neeed to dig a bit but 99% sure this is my problem.  If someone has instructions on a fix that woud be much apppreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally Disconnecting and the reconnecting a drive on a Mac doesn't change anything in the PATH, The Address, to the drive. Mac uses Drive Names. Like Macintosh HD, or for an external Seagate Expansion or Western Digital My Book or a Name that you have Assigned to it in Disk Utilities. That Name never changes. So the Path to that drive is something like Volumes/DriveName/FolderName/SubfolderName and so on.

If you move that drive to some other Mac or disconnect it then connect something else then reconnect it the Drive Name stays the same.

In Windows each drive get a letter, C, D, E and so on.

If you plug in an external drive it will get the Next Drive Letter available. So the first external connected will get the letter F. The next drive you connect will get G. If you then disconnect the drive that Got the letter F and then Reboot your system with the F drive still disconnected the drive that original got the letter G would then have the letter F and if you then reconnected the original F drive it would then be assigned the letter G.

That is why on windows it is important to Manually Assign Drive letters. I start near the end of the alphabet.

So on your Mac disconnectiing the drive that holds your images and then connecting a different drive and then reconnecting the images drive it would still be called the Original Drive Name and the path would be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines