• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust brush changes disappear

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR Classic v.10.2 for windows. My adjustment brush works to lighten dark shadows but when I click "done" the changes go away. I have checked flow 75 and density 100. What am I doing wrong? Thanks,

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility: what you are viewing as you brush is not the adjustments themselves, but rather an overlay indicating the extent of your brushing. If this overlay is in a semi-transparent white that would have the look of lightening the image (red overlay looks pinkish, etc).

"O" key shortcut toggles between showing your mask overlay, and showing your local adjustments, as you brush.  Also "Shift+O" cycles through different colours for this overlay.

If the adjustment sliders were not set such as to make any visible difference to the image - then nothing obvious will be seen after you click "done". You can still go back and alter those same sliders by re-clicking on the round  "pin" marker that was placed when you started to brush. If that "pin" is not showing for you, use "H" shortcut key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I've made some extreme brush adjustment changes but no changes stick in the picture. As soon as I click "done" the changes go away. I tried "O" and "H" and didn't see any change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I meant that the O shortcut can be pressed while using the brush tool. You should see some difference on screen from toggling that, which may help to work out what is going on. The H shortcut just changes whether the adjustment "pins" are visible - again, while using the 'brush' tool. Both are display settings only and would not themselves alter the outcome from using the brush tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines