Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adjustment brush for sharpness not working properly

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey everyone!

im not sure if its something im doing or not but ive checked, re checked, updated, reset, re done settings and everything but nothing has worked!

basically i go to the adjustment brush and i can use any other setting like teeth whitening, soften skin etc, but when i choose the sharpness setting and go to apply it to a specific area of the photo, it ends up applying it to a completely random area??? for example ill go to apply it to some eyelashes on a face and itll end up applying sharpness to the bottom right hand corner of the chin?

if anyone has any info or if this has happened to you, please let me know.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never heard anything like that, but strange problems are often solved by resetting the preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already stipulated, I have done all of that already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling GPU acceleration in performance tab of Lightroom preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two issues

1. Sometimes people accidentally start moving sliders in the basic panel instead of the adjustment brushes panel

2. What does revealing the mask show? Are this parts getting adjusted actually in the mask even though you think they should not be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines