• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Brush Hangs in Image Display Area in Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 on macOS 10.15.5

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble using the Adjustment Brush where it freezes the second I drag the mouse pointer into the image display area. The tool tip remains in the same spot on the edge until I move my mouse outside of the image area and then it resumes like a normal mouse pointer again. Problem just recently started but I can't verify if it occured right after updating to 9.2.1. 

I'm using on a Mac with current Catalina 10.5.5 and I have tried toggling GPU performance settings, to no avail. Editing JPEGs, too. 

Thanks for the help or any input! 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble while using the adjustment brush on images in Lightroom Classic 9.2.1. Since when are you facing this issue? Did the issue start after an update to Lightroom Classic or to macOS? Did you quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic after you disabled the option to Use Graphics Processor?

You can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this same issue on LR Classic 9.3, it started occuring seemingly on its own. MacOS 10.5.4 and since the update to the other night to 10.5.5. Resetting preferences has not changed anything. Same as OP, occurs no matter the file type and regardless if I have GPU toggled Auto/Off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble. Please try optimizing the performance of Lightroom Classic using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue.  My brush will stop tracking at the edge of the image I am trying to edit.  Currently running mac OS v 12.0.1 and LRC 11.0.1.   I am unable to use lightroom at the current time.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bpw07 wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue.  My brush will stop tracking at the edge of the image I am trying to edit.  Currently running mac OS v 12.0.1 and LRC 11.0.1.   I am unable to use lightroom at the current time.  Please advise.

Please post your own brand new discussion. The above posting is old, and involves an older vetsion of LrC that uses a completely different local adjustment methodology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you I will update the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines