• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Brush - lag makes tool unusable

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing terrible lag when attempting to use the abjustment brush. In fact it has made the tool completely unusable. I have read through various support threads both here and elsewhere and tried all of the recommended changes, from restrictinf the video cache, turning off loop previews, not writing to XMP,  and pausing syncing, etc. but to no effect.

I am running the 10.2 release of LRC on my high-end macbook pro (specs below)

I have tried a lot of different things but nothing seems to affect this issue.

It may be worth noting that I am having a similar problem with the brush tool in photoshop as well.

Thanks for your help!

Here are my machine specs:

Mackbook Pro (15-inch Mid-2018)

Processor: 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also try to turn off GPU acceleration?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning off the GPU, but it either had no impact or made it worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large are your original photos in pixels or megapixels? (Do not tell me megabytes)

How large is your monitor in pixels? (do not tell me inches)

Similar problem in Photoshop ... well, I think that's an entirely separate issue and you should ask about that in the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size of the image doesnt seem to have any impact on this issue. Most of my images are coming from my 5D Mark IV and are 6720x4480. But smaller images coming from my phone, or even images cropped down to 1440px or smaller all experience the same issue.

It also does not seem to matter if I am wokring only on my laptop screen at 1680x1050, or if I am connected to my external monitor at 3008x1692. 

I have seen some posts claiming to have seen this issue be impacted by being connected to a USB hub, but I have not found that to have any impact either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any additional thoughts on how I might resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines