• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment History

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new computer and installed PS and LR CC and imported my photos from my cloud storage. I see that the adjustment history is not saved in the cloud. So although the photos were saved the way I edited them, the history was not saved. Also none of the photos show that there were adjustments or crops, making it very hard to tell which photos I edited. Is there anything I can do to recover the adjustment history? Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a question about Lightroom or Lightroom Classic (there is no software known as Lightroom CC any more)? Please be specific. Please tell us the version NUMBER of your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is LrC (Lightroom Classic) version 9.4. 

I may know what I do/did incorrectly. Whenever I close LR I never choose back up because I incorrectly thought it was being backed up on my external hard drive and in my cloud storage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edits are stored in the LR catalog (database), not in the original image files.

See this link on how to transfer your LR system to a new computer (no importing involved):

www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

For backups of the catalog, the Backup dialog lets you pick where to place the ZIP file. You should be choosing a drive different from you master catalog. Backups of the image files need to be done manually and are not handled by LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. 

I already have LrC installed on the new computer. I've downloaded about a dozen photo folders from my cloud storage and that is when I discovered that my adjustments were not saved. 

At this point can I go to my old computer and create a back up of my adjustments and then transfer those adjustments to the new computer and apply them to my photos? 

Is that even possible at this point?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you need to get the catalog file from the old computer. Please read the instructions linked to by ManiacJoe. Do not try to do this without reading and carefully following the instructions. Do not insert your own steps. Do not skip steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I have emailed the zipped back up to my new computer. I will study the instructions. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines