• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustmnets and Collections gone after synchronizing folder!!!

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first catalong I've worked on since purchasing my new 2019 Macbook Pro from Apple and updating to the curent version 9.3. My workflow is to adjust my images and get them looking right, create collections and then use these collections to move the raw files into their own folders, rename them,  then output images for deliver to clients. After doing all this I synchronize the folder so Lightroom knows where everything is. In the past the synchronizing of the folder hasn't ever effected collections or the adjustments that have been performed but this time ALL MY WORK IS GONE!!!!  Images aren't in the collections anymore and the hours of work I put into the adjustments have disapeared. Why would this happen?   Is this a bug with the new version? PLEASE HELP. Running macOS 10.15.5 Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020
I called Adobe support and after the person commandeered my screen and poked around in my operating systems permissions for a while we think we got it worked out. Apparently between this new LR update and Mac OS Catalina there is a glitch. I asked if others had called to complain about this and she said no. I”m surprised. I couldn’t tell you what she did to save my life but hopefully the problem will not repeat itself. Luckily I still had a older copy of the everything on my laptop. Usually I de...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synchronize folders not only imports the photos it finds in that folder (if they are not already imported and in that folder) and it also deletes from the Lightroom catalog files that the operating system no longer finds in that folder).

So, that's probably it. Why this time? Well maybe something changed with the location of your folders/photos. I hope you have a recent backup of your catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe support and after the person commandeered my screen and poked around in my operating systems permissions for a while we think we got it worked out. Apparently between this new LR update and Mac OS Catalina there is a glitch. I asked if others had called to complain about this and she said no. I”m surprised. I couldn’t tell you what she did to save my life but hopefully the problem will not repeat itself. Luckily I still had a older copy of the everything on my laptop. Usually I delete older copies once I move everything onto my RAID. Thank you for the response!

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand if the images are already in LrC and in a folder why are you Synchronizing that folder.

You need to Stop using the File manager to move images around. You can do all of that in LrC.

Synchronizing folder is not the same as using Find All Missing Photo or Update Folder location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. I hope you are making regular backups of your catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A link with more info as a followup relevant to answers given-

Dangers of Synchronize Folder

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines