• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Camera Profiling in Lightroom Classic (10.3)...

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...is for me officiall broken! 😞

I cannot allocate a specific profile to my cameras anymore. The result after import is erratic to say the least! I always have to go to Development mode and change the profile manually. This is crap!

Even worse: I profiled my IR converted Nikon D90 and imported this profile into Lightroom. After import of files, "Camera neutral v2" is chosen, which gives totally wrong colors. Now I go to Development mode, select all pictures and change profile, rusult is - all pictures are green (see screenshot). If I do alle pictures one by one, all works, but this takes time. Again this is crap!

Please fix this camera profiling ASAP!

I ask for:

- dedicated profiles to be attached to a camera

- fix for the issue with self made camera profile (using Adobe DNG Profile Editor BTW)

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 9.2 introduced Raw Defaults as outlined at the below link. Select an image file shot with your IR converted Nikon D90, select your  custom IR camera profile, and set the WB Temp and Tint settings. Next create a Develop preset with only Treatment & Profile and White balanced checked. Follow the instructions at the below link to select this Develop preset as your default settings for this camera.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd, I'll try that.

A better solution and more intuitive solution would have been though, to select to profiles directly per camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@esbol42 wrote:

A better solution and more intuitive solution would have been though, to select to profiles directly per camera.

I think that the new defaults are much better and more versatile. The biggest problem is that so many people upgrade their apps, but do not bother to read the 'what's new' information. I have to admit that I am also sometimes guilty of that!

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe could have gone with a simpler solution; instead they chose to go with a more powerful solution that covered more situations with more options for pros. This blog post might help provide more context than the help file:

Streamline Edits with the Improved Raw Defaults

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is what I consider to be an excellent tutorial on how to set defaults.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCnR9qEqA4&t=29s 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines