Highlighted

Adobe CC, Multiple MacBooks, iCloud?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new MacBook Pro. I had been using the Apple iCloud to save my photos. However the Lightroom Catalogue file was on my old MacBook Pro harddrive. I moved this catalague file to the iCloud as I was would like to be able to access the same catalogue from both the old and new MacBook. However, I am not able to open the catalogue file on the iCloud.

1. Is having two MacBooks access/use the same catalogue possible?

2. Is it possible to do this with Apple iCloud, or how is the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac, Performance, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe CC, Multiple MacBooks, iCloud?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new MacBook Pro. I had been using the Apple iCloud to save my photos. However the Lightroom Catalogue file was on my old MacBook Pro harddrive. I moved this catalague file to the iCloud as I was would like to be able to access the same catalogue from both the old and new MacBook. However, I am not able to open the catalogue file on the iCloud.

1. Is having two MacBooks access/use the same catalogue possible?

2. Is it possible to do this with Apple iCloud, or how is the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac, Performance, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom catalog won't function on a network drive or from cloud storage. It must be on an internal or external disk directly connected to the computer you're working on. Therefore, if you wish to access the same catalog on both computers, then it will need to be on an external drive. That being said, you cannot access the catalog from two computers at the same time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jao_vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only Adobe supported way to access the same image database from multiple devices is to use Lightroom Desktop which is the cloud based version of Lightroom. It is much less fullfeatured than Lightroom Classic - it cannot print for example - but it stores all images in the cloud. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines