Highlighted

Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've released a new utility called the Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management applied. Details here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83497.html

Topics

FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've released a new utility called the Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management applied. Details here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83497.html

Topics

FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the fix so the Canon iPF drivers properly default to No Color Correction.

On OS X, because of Canon's use of a special casing file to identify  applications that when choosing application manages color printing, set  No Color Correction instead of Color in the printer driver, the Adobe® Color Printer Utility  needs to be added to the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file.

This file includes all previous updates.

http://www.dypinc.com/Canon/AppColorMatchingInfo.xml.zip

The file goes here.

/Library/Printers/Canon/GARO/Frameworks/GARO_CUPS.framework/Versions/A /Resources/AppColorMatchingInfo.xml

Make sure you save the original in case you want to go back to it.

Doyle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain why this resizes target images ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul, I have tried printing these targets:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/photos/tmp/RGB1728EyeOneIOTargets.zip

with ACPU and they come out correctly sized (i.e., exactly 7.5" x 10"). I compared the result with printing the targets from CS3, CS4, and CS5, and they all come out exactly the same size.

My personal test setup was Mac OS 10.6.4 + Epson 3880 + driver 6.60.

What's your system config?

Eric

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eye1 targets that should be 263mm x 173mm (8bit utagged TIFFs 1050px x 692px @ 101dpi) are printing out at 253mm x 167mm on my printers here (Epson 3800/1800 Oki B4200).

I'm not the only one suffering this (see reports on luminous-landscape.com forums).

The interface isn't up to Adobe's usual high standards either, should this really be released yet ? it seems rather a beta version to me.

Using Windows 7 64bit, fully up to date, patched and using the latest drivers.

Paul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eye1 targets that should be 263mm x 173mm (8bit utagged TIFFs 1050px x 692px @ 101dpi) are printing out at 253mm x 167mm on my printers here (Epson 3800/1800 Oki B4200).

Certianly looks like a bug on the Window side. Does it resize when you print to a PDF file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Certianly looks like a bug on the Window side."

No, check out the thread referenced above for credible reports of resizing on Macs too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Color Printer Utility.  It prints ok, but it will not print borderless on 4x6 media.  I select sheet(borderless) and 4x6 landscape, but it prints a file 4x6 and always leaves a white border on the right hand side and at the bottom of my image.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit and an Epson 3880.  All drivers are up to date.  I have tried all adjustments including setting the bleed expansion to maximum, but it still prints a bit off center.  Apparently the center of my presized 4x6 at 360 dpi is 4mm high and  4mm to the left.  Have you encountered this problem?  If so have you solved it?   img014 4x6 x borders.jpg

Notice white border at bottom and right.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Color Printer Utility.  It prints ok, but it will not print borderless on 4x6 media.  I select sheet(borderless) and 4x6 landscape, but it prints a file 4x6 and always leaves a white border on the right hand side and at the bottom of my image.

For what reason do you want a profiling target at 4 x 6?

And what the heck does a photo of an airplane have to do with printing a untagged profiling target?

Did you even read the title of this thread?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the "Adobe Color Printer Utility."  It is printing off center.  I would like to correct this before I proceed.   I consider your reply just plain rude.  You replied with 3 condescending questions.  You are not helping solve Adobe technical problems by offending people who are just trying to use Adobe applications to the best of their abilities.   You made me feel bad.   There was no need to bully me with smart questions.  I hope your day goes better, and I hope you do not treat other people in these forums like you treated me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam4X5 wrote:

I just installed the "Adobe Color Printer Utility."  It is printing off center.  I would like to correct this before I proceed.   I consider your reply just plain rude.  You replied with 3 condescending questions.  You are not helping solve Adobe technical problems by offending people who are just trying to use Adobe applications to the best of their abilities.   You made me feel bad.   There was no need to bully me with smart questions.  I hope your day goes better, and I hope you do not treat other people in these forums like you treated me.

From the OP. "We've released a new utility called the Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management applied."

What size is your target?

Does printing your target off center cause you not to be able to ready your target?

What instrument are you using to read your target?

If you reply to this question in the manner that you replied to the last one I will consider you to ignorant to even comprehend what the Adobe® Color Printer Utility is all about and I will not waste my time any further with you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, considering the question and the follow up response, my guesses are:

a) name of utility confused them, thinks that they need to print all images from "Adobe Color Printer Utility".

Given the  name, it's not a totally incomprehesible idea.

b) don't understand the purpose for color profilng for printers

c) a troll

If (a), then my response would be:  This is a tool for color profiling printers only, not for general printing.

if (b), then my reponse would be: This is a tool for color profiling printers only, not for general printing. Look up profiling to understand what this tool does.

if (c), then my reponse would be:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what reason do you want a profiling target at 4 x 6?

You might want to print to 4x6 for profiling dye-sub printers.

My business profiles quite a lot of dye-subs and other printers using non-standard materials and sizes, so a target printing utility DOES need to be able to print targets accurately at sizes other than A4/letter.

Paul Holman

www.colourprofiles.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing will print. Help

I installed and I am on a mac snow leopard. printing to an Epson 4880 and printing a xrite target. correct paper was chosen and cc mgt off. it looks like it will print but does not and nothing goes to the print Que.

shawn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shawn  I am having the same problem but my printer is a canon MP980, anyone any ideas what the problem is and where to start looking.

Cheers

George

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shawn  I am having the same problem but my printer is a canon MP980, anyone any ideas what the problem is and where to start looking.

Does the print job ever get to the queue? Enable Show Print Jobs. If it shows up there what does Job Info say?  Also look at the CUPS log files which might give a indication as to what is going on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the quick response, and no it does not get to the print que when I hit the print button it goes off into space somewhere, I also cannot do a print preview as it just doesn't seem to recognise the printer although the printer name appears in the drop down menu and I can select it.  When I come back out of the utility everything works fine including the printer.

Thanks

George

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the rseizing bug ever be fixed ? or do Adobe think this isn't important ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they will get around to fixing it because resizing errors could indicate a corrupt file or a virus. This could cause many computer knowledgeable people to have concern. Sam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the rseizing bug ever be fixed ? or do Adobe think this isn't important ?

Is the resizing bug impacting your reading of targets? I haven't heard anybody else say that it does.

I have not seen any resizing of targets myself with 10.6.5 and Canon iPF9000 driver version 2.17, so I wonder is this a OS bug or a printer driver bug that is causing this?

I can print correct targets (unmanaged color) with PSCS4 or ID, and identical targets with the ACPU. And I haven't heard anyone say the the targets printed with the ACPU were not printing the color (unmanaged targets) correctly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is the resizing bug impacting your reading of targets? I haven't heard anybody else say that it does."

If you check the Luminous landscape thread (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=49209.0) you'll find that the resizing can cause problems when reading targets through X-Rite Isis.

Even with an Eye-1Pro the slightly smaller size of the print outs incraeses the time it takes to measure the targets. This maybe acceptable if you're only making a single profile, but for those of us making lots of profiles for people this isn't at all helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you finding the resizing happens with all targets? Or have you been able to try targets that resize on one printer on other printers? If so, is the resizing the same or different?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing is happening on every target I've tried and every printer. Each printer behaves in exactly the same way, so I'd assume that the utility is sending out the wrong size data. I've used Epson 3800.1800 and Oki B4200 so far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution are your targets? What OS?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What resolution are your targets? What OS?"

See above

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

360 dpi, Windows 7 64 bit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I suspect too. The utility has been on my computer for quite awhile now, and I have encountered no computer problems. I think it must be safe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your problem. I am getting great results now with the Epson 3880 thru Photoshop CS5. So I have no need to use the utility now. There is an old saying. If it aint broke don't fix it. That applies to my personal printing which is all I do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your problem.  I am getting great results now with the Epson 3880 thru Photoshop CS5.  So I have no need to use the utility now.  There is an old saying.  If it aint broke don't fix it.  That applies to my personal printing which is all I do.

Are using the null transformation method to print profile targets since printing umanaged targets is not possible with PSCS5 being that the "No Color Management" option in no longer available in PSCS5?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I understand your problem."

From your contributions to this discussion so far I doubt you have any real understanding of the concept of printing untagged profiling targets, so might I respectfully suggest that you refrain from making any further contributions to this discussion.

There are issues with this utility that need addressing and the defining of those issues is not helped by the interuptions of people that don't understand what the utility was designed to address.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul

I am wonder if the selected page sizes has anything to do this resizing problem, espically the standard page sizes or custom sizes with margins set higher than zero. When I tested the APCU I always used a custom page size with margins set to zero.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... I fully understand the issues, I am the director of digital imaging specializing in the photo industry. Large format printing mgt. medium format digital capture and workflow, We set up consult all over the east coast on the matter. We are in fact in the process of talking with india with their engineering team but are at a stand still on the matter. At first was a great resource but since last week I have not had an update. most of the targets we print are through a photo rip "colorburstrip" which is fine when our clients are using the rip but for people that do not have a rip and they are fully CS5 and do not want to use the work around for printing non tagged targets the utility was and is when it gets stable a great thing

As far as your statement of this utility needs addressing I can not agree more. lets hope us the ginny pigs get fed the answers we need. 

)

Shawn Plouffe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge, the resizing happens on Windows only.

On the Mac, resizing does not happen. It is true that the target may not be centered properly, but should be its original size. Depending on the size of the target and the size of the sheet it is being printed on, the current ACPU behavior may cause part of the target to be cut off. For example, this can happen for the iSis targets which cause the diamond indicators to be partially cut off, which in turn leads to issues regarding auto-scanning. Adding a bit of canvas to the left side of the target is a workaround for now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to use ACPU with two printers over the last 8 months (Epson 1400 and Epson P800) regardless of the printer, I get the same result:  The color grid prints about 4% smaller than they should AND they're off center.  The company I am engaging to make my profiles for two papers tell they have only very rarely seen this.  And they don't have a remedy.  Size and centering are mentioned a few times in this thread, but I don't see a solution.  I tried to rez up the target color grids, but that seems to have caused problems when analyzing the output.  Why, oh why, would the grids not print properly with this Utility on my computer?  And how do I correct it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KKramer49 wrote:

I have tried to use ACPU with two printers over the last 8 months (Epson 1400 and Epson P800) regardless of the printer, I get the same result:  The color grid prints about 4% smaller than they should AND they're off center.  The company I am engaging to make my profiles for two papers tell they have only very rarely seen this.  And they don't have a remedy.  Size and centering are mentioned a few times in this thread, but I don't see a solution.  I tried to rez up the target color grids, but that seems to have caused problems when analyzing the output.  Why, oh why, would the grids not print properly with this Utility on my computer?  And how do I correct it?

I've seen it since day one but it's not been an issue for me, with my auto Spectrophotometer based on how I build my targets. The company you refer to might be using a minimal size for patches and/or a different auto Spectrophotometer and thus, they can't read the targets.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also driving me nuts! I am trying to profile an Epson R2000 on a Windows 10 system using an A3+ .tiff

I've Googled the issue and found that it could be a PC only problem.

Has anyone any idea of a work around ADOBE where are you???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have download and installed the utility on my Imac (im am fairly new to Mac's), when I try to print Permajet targets on my Epson Pro 4000 i get the following:

On startup I get a warning that the software was downloaded from the net, it happens every time so I have switched the warning off. (not sure if it should do this)

After selecting FILE - PRINT and choosing the printer I get "SETTING COLOR MATCHING MODE -30873" error message

If I click OK it carries on to the printer setup. The printer setting, color management, paper and roll settings are all struck thru and cannot be altered. When you select print the above error message appears again. You can continue through the error message and print the targets. They look ok but are resized to approx 3/4 of the A4 size they should be. Permajet requests the targets to be full size for profiling.

When I close the utility I then have to eject it (as though it were a disk) from the right hand side of the screen.

I removed and reinstalled the program but it made no difference, exactly the same thing happens. I am running Snow leopard and CS4, both of which are fully updated.

My questions are:

1) How do I get rid of the error message?

2) How do I get the targets to print at the correct size?

3) Does the eject issue show a problem with the installation or is this the norm?

Thanks,

Steve.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I hve received your email in error; and I think you have come to the wrong guy and I think you should be posting this on the forum. I'm afiaid I am completely clueless when it comes to lightroom.

Sorry I can't help

REgards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

qq1904,

The way the forum works is if you post on a topic, it automatcially includes new posts being sent to your email address.  So the previous posters were not sending you email, they were actual posts on the forum.

You can turn that off if you go into your preferences.

Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason

Thanks I will do that.

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is working on this app but they still have no updates at this time.

)

Shawn Plouffe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines