• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe crash reports follow up.

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent off a number of crash reports via the pop up dialogue box that displays after a significant problem arises.

How do I follow them up to be able to check whether thay have got through to someone who is able to provide feedback ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi are you sending the crash reports to Adobe or to Apple or to whom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Isaid I fill in the Adobe crash report dialogue box so isn't the answer Adobe ?

It's on a WIN 10 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that Adobe engineers do check these reports, however they may not get back to your directly. SO if you have a specific issue that happens, I suggest you post it in this forum, which gets the attention of Adobe Community people and also the Adobe Staff. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Adobe crash reporter dialog box is mostly a one-way thing, reports go in with no acknowledgement. They do get read, I have been contacted at least once when they needed more information. But for example, if they receive a couple hundred reports about the same type of crash and the reports contain enough info for them to narrow it down, they may go ahead and work on a fix without contacting every person who sent in a report.

You can also submit crash reports at the official Lightroom/Photoshop feedback site, under “Problems.”   The difference between the general crash reports and the Feedback site is that Feedback submissions are public, with a public discussion and voting, and Adobe responds to many of them publicly. It is also a good way for other users to see that others have submitted the same problem and provide more data. If it is something that gets a fix, the next update’s release notes often link back to the original Feedback reports to close out the accountability for that problem; you can see some fixed crashers there.

But the built-in crash reporters are useful to Adobe because not everyone will know to go to that Feedback site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the dialogu box closes does it crteate a text file on my system with all the technical details loged there. If so how would I find it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forget if the Adobe Crash Reporter has a button to show the log. If it does, you could copy and paste the log out of there. But if does not, your operating system should have a record of the crash too.

For example, I am using a Mac, where it is possible to open the Console application (in the Utilities folder), click Crash Reports, and see recent crash logs. Select a crash report to see its log entry. To get the text file of the log, select the crash report and choose File > Reveal in Finder. That will open the folder where the crash log text files are stored:

/Users/[username]/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Below is an example of looking at the crash log from Adobe Bridge.

If you are using Windows, I assume it has something similar.

Console Crash Reports Reveal in Finder.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines