• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom 6 hangs on startup

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR 6 running on my 2019 iMac 27" with Mojave. It has worked for years. I also have Creative Suite 6. Months ago, my default PDF reader, Acrobat Pro has started crashing, about 10-15 secs after opening a doc. Annoyed with that (and tired of selecting Apple Preview), I finally downloaded Adobe Reader DC this weekand started using that to read PDFs.

Well,  today I tried to run Lightroom 6. I get a spinning wheel and it never shows the Library window (just see the menu, app is not responding).  I tried:

• Starting with shift/option
  • Uninstall LR6, uninstall Acrobat Pro, reinstall LR6
  • Uninstall LR6, reboot, reinstall LR6.

I cannot run this application any more and am, to say the least, frustrated as this is the program I use to manage raw photos.

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

I ended up copying the CS6 disk from DVD to a USB drive, so that I could use it to reinstall on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding Photoshop & Lightroom to the control list under system preferences >> security & privacy. You could also check the folders tab to ensure the apps have access privileges to all relevant folders such as Documents, Pictures etc.  This Macworld link has more information:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-mojave-photoshop-3684425/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS6 was already there. I added LR6, but still have the spinning wheel, when I try to start up LR6. I see LR6 under Photos and Accessibility privacy sections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Uninstalled all Adobe products from my Mac. Reinstalled LR6 and recovered my watermark files (after the fact) from TimeMachine. LR is now working.  Of course, I don't have CS6 on, and with this newer 2019 Mac, there is no DVD drive.  I think I have a 2012 PS DMG file, so I can at least try to restore PhotoShop, one of the CS programs that I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy an External CD/DVD drive that connects by USB port.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up copying the CS6 disk from DVD to a USB drive, so that I could use it to reinstall on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a word of caution, Lightroom 6 is not supported by the macOS Catalina the latest for iMac.

If you update your iMac,  Lr 6 may continue but you will not be able to uninstall and reinstall.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I don't plan on updating for a while, and hopefully by then will have sorted out whether I want to move to the subscription based LR+PS in Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines