Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom Classic 9.4 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 import issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

At the beginning of September I got a software update for Adoble Lightroom Classic v. 9.4 and macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Since then, I am unable to successfully import my images from an SD Card plugged into the back for my iMac. Files appear corrupted in Lightroom Classic and won't import until the end, but could be browsed using the Finder. The only way to get things working is using the USB cable delivered with the camera (Nikon D810) and connecting it to the iMac. I tried other SD cards (even bought new ones) but the issue still persists (all SanDisk).

Does anyone have an idea where the issue is? Adoble Lightroom Classic? macOS Catalina? iMac? Something else?

My next step would be to proceed with a clean install, but if I can avoid this step, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are permissions/security settings that Catalina requires to allow import from the hard disk. If you search the forum, you will find those details (I don't know them because I use Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First issue that comes  up when Catalina is mentioned is the new security on MACOS, 

On the MAC, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, for Lightroom Classic make sure all media types are checked, often the Removable Media is not (user error)

CatalinaFilesandFolderrs.PNG

see: https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I double checked it and everything is in order. Adobe Lightroom Classic has as well Full Disk Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the built in card reader fail on my Mac Book pro a couple years ago. Have you tried using a card reader or connecting the Camera to the iMac via a usb connection?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes

He said in the OP that the USB cable connection works ok.

I have had multiple USB ports fail on a nearly brand new MacBook Pro.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I overlooked that point. I think the issue here is not necessarily due to the software but is likely hardware related.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get an external card reader, They do not cost much. See if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some advances today. As suggested I double checked that Adoble Lightroom Classic has Full Disk Access in the Secruity & Privacy Preferences pane; I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Lightroom Classic; and I modified the file system of my two Samsung X5 SSD drives to APFS.

Afterwards I tried the import of pictures into Adobe Lightroom Classic via the built-in SD card reader of the iMac and the process went well. Now let's see if it stays stable in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines