Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom Classic White Balance Glitch

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is my first post here! Since updating to Lightroom Classic 10, when I click into an image, the white balance initially appears as it should be but then somehow appears a notch or two cooler a second later. The white balance doesn't actually physically change, so it looks right once the images are exported but it's highly annoying during the actual edit. Can anyone please help?!

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

  

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

  

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment. 

• Which operating system do you use? 
  • Which version of Lightroom do you use? 

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on. 

  

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message or an screenshot.  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for the response Matt, I have tried both steps to no avail unfortunately. I am on a mid 2014 MacBook Pro running on macOS Catlina 10.15.7 and i'm on Lightroom Classic 10.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Add On to the above post.

The initial view you are seeing is from the Embedded JPG image that is in every RAW file. That JPG has whatever camera settings you had set and the WB is what the Camera determins as correct at the time the Camera Processed the JPG from the RAW data. The second view you are seein is LrC Processing the actual RAW data and then building a Preview of that file and showing you that preview.

Whether it is a Bug or the newer processing system in LrC V10 no older previews are carried over from the older LrC V9 catalog file to the V10 Catalog (Even If they are Copied over and ot the name of the Previews folder has change to read V10). LrC V10 will build all new previews for each file viewed in either the Grid View or the Loupe view and Especially if you go into the Develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines