Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Malware and PUP

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a trial of Adobe Lightroom to replace my Lightroom 6.14

Since then the following unwanted programs are running try to access the internet - even when Lightroom is closed.

NB Adobe CC has been disabled at startup

Adobe Desktop Service
AdobeCRDaemon
AdobeIPCBroker
AdobeCRDaemon

How to I disable these unwanted programs?

Adobe HAS NO REASON to run software on MY computer that tries to talk to their servers whilst I am not running Adobe's programs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up some clarity

What Adobe Plan are you trying out in a trial?

The Photography Plan

or

Lightroom Plan

If the latter, then you would be trying out Lightroom, while you probably actually want Lightroom Classic

Please do not refer to the current crop of Adobe programs using CC. that went out 3 years ago, confuses the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Second up, one bit of install management change to be aware of. The old License Manager is gone. The subscription products use and depend upon a small app called Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. (ACCDA)

The ACCDA is used to install, update, activate, deactivate, and accredidate the various programs. You sign into it, you leave that sign in alone, and you let it run. Do not remove it from startup. If you sign out, then the programs get deactivated. To activate them, sign back in.

Typically, you no longer login via the Lightroom Classic program, typically you do not look fir updates via the Lightroom Classic program. That is now all done via ACCDA.

The ACCDA communicates when you have internet access with the Adobe servers to check fir updates. Occasionally (every 90 days or so???) it will authenticate your subscription with Adobe . Hence some small services are running in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines