Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 grom disk to iPad Pro

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the Lightroom 5 version on a CD and would like to installatie it on my iPad Pro. How can I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install it on an iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Lightroom 5 cannot be installed on an iPad or iPhone. However, if you would like to use Lightroom on your iPad you can use the mobile version. More details of same can be found at https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic.html

Also, note that there are now two versions of Lightroom with Lightroom Classic being the new name for the version you have, and the other being orientated towards customers who prefer to store their photos on the cloud and access/edit photos using both desktop and mobile devices. The link I provided above has comparison table and video showing the differences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Adobe is forcing their customers to buy 2 licences: one for the MacBook Pro and one for the iPad Pro. It is unacceptable. Which other software do you recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Adobe is forcing their customers to buy 2 licences: one for the MacBook Pro and one for the iPad Pro.

Not true and not sure how you reach that conclusion from Ian's link above. Lightroom Mobile is free, albeit with a few missing features.

Subscribe to the Photography Plan and you also get some added features for Lightroom Mobile

More info: https://lifeafterphotoshop.com/is-lightroom-free/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is forcing their customers to buy 2 licences: one for the MacBook Pro and one for the iPad Pro. It is unacceptable. Which other software do you recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have ONE licence to the Photography Plan (20Gb)  (There is no "forcing" required)

This plan includes-

1) Lightroom-Classic (local files/folder based)   on my 'home' Windows PC

2) Lightroom (Cloud based as Lightroom Desktop)   on BOTH my 'home' PC  and a PC-Laptop.

3) Lightroom-Mobile  - on two iPhones  (and iPads if I had one!)

4) Photoshop   (full version on my 'home' PC) (and I see a version also available in the Plan for iPad!!)

5) Adobe Bridge -on my PCs.

6) A 'Portfolio' web site.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic.html?promoid=9WGN4565&mv=other#

ScreenShot023.jpg

Edit: The Photography Plan (1Tb) US$19.99/m is the same PLUS the extra Cloud storage for the extra $10.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Adobe is not forcing you to buy two licenses.

Your Lightroom 5 is now Lightroom 9.4 and subscription based. There is a very good Photography Plan which includes Lightroom Classic (what you want) Lightroom (cloud based version) plus the mobile Lightroom apps for phone and iPad plus Photoshop.

Look it up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines