• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 Mac to Windows?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

My Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 is currently installed on my Macbook Pro that is almot 10 years old and starting to die on me.  I've been thinking about getting a simple Windows 10 Desktop as a replacement, but I would like to make sure I could bring my LR catalog/program over with me.  I've sent a few messages to Adobe Help, but thye have yet to reply.  Does anyone know or have experience with switching operating systems?  My product serial/key has only ever been used on my one computer and I know you can sometimes set up programs on two with the same key, but I've seen mixed things about switching between operating systems.  Any advice, how-to's, or other information is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can move your catalogue and images to any computer at any time, it could be both Mac and Windows, doesn;t matter.

What you need to do is copy your catalogue and images to an external drive (if it's not there already) and then when you mve to another computer just double-click on the catalogue to open it.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines