Adobe SLOW Software and Poor GPU Support

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got me a brand new PC system with a Ryzen 3900X CPU.  I only use Lightroom Classic and man this software is SLOW.  I also spent weeks and weeks trying to learn and figure out which graphics card to get, and what I discovered is that Adobe software performs really poor with GPUs.  

Thank God I got an older used and inexpensive GPU for less than $200.  I feel like all this hardware that I just got is a waste and it is actually more powerful and very capable of handling my photography tasts, but Lightroom performance I'm just NOT seeing it 😞

What is Adobe doing about this, specially since AMD is coming out with their new and faster GPUs?  To be honest I'm already starting to look at other software options to replace Lightroom.  If Adobe think they are untouchable they are very wrong and I hope they get their butts to work fast and come up with a completely overahuled upgrade to use the new AMD systems so that we are taking full advantage of this really expensive hardware.  If Adove doesn't do anything soon I'm cancelling my subscription and I'm gone.  

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know what Adobe is doing, because we're not Adobe. We are just Lightroom Classic users, who can't really do anything to make the software faster. We also don't really care if you cancel your subscription.

But we might be able to advise you.

Why don't you tell us some basic information?

• Slow doing what?
  • Hardware information: CPU (you mentioned that), GPU, size of monitor in pixels not inches
  • Size of original images in pixels
  • Version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic
  • Version NUMBER of your operating system

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow at everything.  Everybody knows LR is slow.  I hope you are not an Adobe sales person starting to "defend" them.  Adobe is slow and that's a fact.  

I have been using LR Classic for close to a decade.  I started a subscription around two years ago.  I have a Ryzen 3900X with some of the newest and fast M.2 SSD and 32GB 3600MHZ RAM.  I'm running Win 10 and I have the latest LR version. 

I have tried everything in my power to speed up this softare by following and trying different settings as well as in windows 10.  Don't get me wrong, LRC is not running like a turtle, I'm not saying that, but for sure it is NOT using the hardware I have at it's full potential, specially the GPU.  I import and PP thousands of RAW photos for customers and I have always wished LR was much faster.  Thank God Adobe at least did in fact gave us a boost in speed around one year ago, but this software is still one of the slowest around.     

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work for Adobe. On the internet, people complain. The happy people don't come here to say "Lightroom is great, no problems!" And there are hundreds of thousands of people who are Lightroom Classic users who are happy and they don't come here to tell us. That's hundreds of thousands, compared to the dozens who are complaining. Not everyone knows Lightroom is slow, for most people it works and works well, so they keep subscribing; it is slow for some people.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines