Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice for new MacBook pro 16

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to everyone,

I need some advices before buying new Mbpro 16,in details I chose the basic model but with 32gb ram .

My question is, which graphic card choose? And Radeon pro 5300-4gb ram, AMD Radeon pro 5500-4gb ram or AMD Radeon pro -8gb ram?

Use almost Lightroom and Photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jax73,Good evening.

Lightroom Classic system requirements

I think this help document will be helpful.
I think that it works satisfactorily if VRAM is 4GB or more.
If you have the budget, the VRAM 8GB model will work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply,

You think or are you sure that will work better?

Just to know for not waist money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jax73, it really depends on the resolution of your photos. If you shoot Nikon with 40 Megapixels, I'd definitely consider it. 

If you're looking to edit in Premiere Pro at all, I'd go for the 8GB, but know that Adobe hasn't released an update yet to support this graphics card. I'm sure it's in the works, but they've taken longer than usual. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am shopping with Sony 42mpix, uncompressed RAW Is 80mb. I dont use Premiere Pro buy sometimes I use Finalcut.

Wich card Is still unaupported by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro does not support either card yet: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#gpu-acceleration

They will, Adobe is just being slow. 

Here is authoritative information from a system builder on Lightroom: https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Lightroom-Classic-141/Hardwar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have 32GB of main RAM, it will run comfortably well enough.
(You can understand it if you see the help that was introduced earlier.)
Rather, video products such as Premiere Pro may require 32GB of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy any other computer than one made for resale by Apple. Just my $0.02

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh look, you can repair this one yourself, add storage and RAM, and it's the same price!

Razer Blade 15 Gaming Laptop 2019: Intel Core i7-9750H 6 Core, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q, 15.6" FHD 1080p 240Hz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, CNC Aluminum, Chroma RGB Lighting, Thunderbolt 3

$2,399.99 & FREE Shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Blade-Gaming-Laptop-2019/dp/B07QX9JSJ2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=i9+razo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Chroma RGB lighting"?? Thanks, but no thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to forgo buying a more capible product that is more reliabile, more repairable, and less money because it has some RGB LEDs. Sure. Good luck with that. Go for it.

Just watch this first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpVNkglXc84

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side 🙂

I've always worked on Windows machines when possible, and I have always built my own workstations. But I also had problems with the gamers' aesthetics the whole time. It's the hardest thing to find a good computer case that doesn't look like the Batmobile.

I feel there's a whole untapped market segment out there: Windows for...well, just people who want a good reliable high performance workhorse, that looks like it's doing what it's doing. Not saving the world from evil dragons or something.

I have made one concession, though: I bought a good gamer's mouse, both for my home and work machines. They're precise, fast and configurable, and above all, wired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the Blade 15? It's the most business centric pc laptop available at the moment in terms of streamlined clean aesthetics, looks better than a Macbook pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as it's got an aluminum frame (yes this is the one thing Apple does right), I can turn the LEDs off, and they don't cause any coil whine, I don't mind gamer branding.

The commodity pricing is unbeatable. 

Totally agree about the Batmobile thing though lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked opinion about graphic card NOT about windows laptop that seems a Christmas tree. I've used windows years ago and I don't want see it more. If am asking advice about graphic card on Mac book pro using Lightroom and Photoshop I need this not buy windows laptop.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all you are doing is Lightroom and Photoshop, you won't notice any real difference between these three cards. 32 gigs of RAM is a smart choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines