• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After applying a preset, how do you erase the preset from select areas?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've been searching everywhere for the answer to this! I used to be able to do it but for some reason I cant do it anymore.

What i did was i applied the preset onto the picture then used the radial tool to select an area and it would basically take away the preset from any area I select and convert it to the original picture coloring.

For example I apply a preset to a image of myself and it makes everything look good but my t shirt is way too blue, I prefer the t shirt coloring on the original copy so how would i make the brush or radial tool allow me to select the t shirt and convert it to the original with keeping the preset on the rest of the pictures?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

If the preset is related to adjustments in the basic panel, Then you can use the mask feature to mask out a particular part of the image

--

Bhargav Eede

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any answer would depend entirely on what changes were made by the Preset, so it is impossible to be specific.

You could discover the Preset actions by applying it to an un-developed image then looking through all the Development control Panels and finding just what has been changed. A 'complicated' Preset would make this more difficult.

For example- if the Preset increased Saturation +40. then you could use a Brush or Radial Filter adjustment of -40 to 'neutralize' the saturation change.

Unfortunately the Brush and Filter Local adjustment tools do not have access to HSL and Tone Curve adjustments (and others), so there may be Preset adjustments that will be hard to 'neutralize' by Local Adjustment Tools.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the preset is related to adjustments in the basic panel, Then you can use the mask feature to mask out a particular part of the image

--

Bhargav Eede

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines