After deleting a large number of images, LR goes to my first image--not to where I was working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This drives me crazy:

I am in Catalog > all photographs and I select maybe 10 or more close-together  images to mark with "X" for deletion. I then go to Photos > Delete Rejected Photos. Instead of my focus staying where I was working, LR put the focus all the way at the top of my catalog of 60,000 images.

This only happens when I delete a bunch of photos at once. If I delete one or two, LR stays where I was working.

Is there a workaround or at least an easy way to get back to where I was working--sort of like a bookmark??? Major annoyance.

LR 10.1  MacOS Catalina 

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After deleting a large number of images, LR goes to my first image--not to where I was working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This drives me crazy:

I am in Catalog > all photographs and I select maybe 10 or more close-together  images to mark with "X" for deletion. I then go to Photos > Delete Rejected Photos. Instead of my focus staying where I was working, LR put the focus all the way at the top of my catalog of 60,000 images.

This only happens when I delete a bunch of photos at once. If I delete one or two, LR stays where I was working.

Is there a workaround or at least an easy way to get back to where I was working--sort of like a bookmark??? Major annoyance.

LR 10.1  MacOS Catalina 

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Snsok,

Have you tried going into Grid view (in the Library section) and on top you can do a search for rejected photos. then select all and Remove. 

2020-12-31_16-00-29.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid there isn't much you can do about this, except work in collections (and perhaps folders) as much as you can, not in 'All Photograps'. Only go to this collection to delete the images, but then switch back to a smaller working collection.

When you use the menu to delete rejected photos, Lightroom first searches for these photos and then selects them all. That is the moment that it forgets where you were editing, so when the images have been deleted it will go back to the first image of the source. If you can then switch back to another collection or folder, then at least it will select the first image of that particular source rather than the first image of all your 60,000 photographs. It's still annoying, though.

Come to think of it: bookmarks do not exist in LrC, but you can use a kind of 'bookmark' approach. Empty the quick collection and then add your 'working photo' to the quick collection before you switch to 'All Photographs' to do the deleting. After you have deleted the images, switch to the quick collection. That will select your working photo, because that is the only photo in the collection. Now you can switch to any other source, like that 'working collection'. If that source contains this photo too, then the photo will still be selected after you switched.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0