• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Edit In PS and import back to LRC, unable to edit in LRC again

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for years. After selecting Edit In Photoshop, and finishing my edits in PS, I then have it save back to Lightroom. All goes well, except when I try to edit the new photo in LRC. I am unable to edit the photo in LRC that was just imported from PS. It's just a blank screen in the loupe view.

Lightroom Classic 9.3 Release with Camera RAW 12.3
Photoshop 21.2.1 Release
but as I said, I've had this problem for years.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Photoshop, make sure you have the option Preferences > File Handling > Maximize PSD and PSB File Compatibility set to Always. If it's not set to Always, then the PSDs will appear as all grey in LR.  

Note that due to a longstanding PS bug, changing this option won't apply to existing PSDs, even if you resave them. It only applies to newly created PSDs; for existing PSDs, you'll need to do File > Save As.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines