Highlighted

After Monitor Calibration (with Spyder5Express or x-rite display) pro Lightroom's color change

New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone

I am facing this problem already for 6 months. It is driving me crazy. Hopefully, I find my answer here.

I use Windows 10 and whenever I generate a color profile with a calibrator (Spyder5Express or x-rite) and I start Lightroom afterward, the colors are off. (same in PS) If I use a profile that I generated over the Windows built-in function. Lighroom's colors don't change.

To clarify, I edit something in Lightroom (Import sRGB) and export it again (sRGB) and view it in a color corrected viewer. The colors in Lightroom are not the same as the exported when the generated color profile of a calibrator is active. This does not happen when I deactivate the generated color profile of a calibrator. The colors are 1 to 1 the same.

A color profile is active: (on the left you see the exported picture where the dark tones in the foreground are darker)

2020-05-17_14h30_49.png

No color profile is active: (colors are the same in both pictures)

2020-05-17_14h34_45.png

I tried it on different computers and there is the same problem... Have you ever come across this problem?

Best wishes

Dalia

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Monitor Calibration (with Spyder5Express or x-rite display) pro Lightroom's color change

New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone

I am facing this problem already for 6 months. It is driving me crazy. Hopefully, I find my answer here.

I use Windows 10 and whenever I generate a color profile with a calibrator (Spyder5Express or x-rite) and I start Lightroom afterward, the colors are off. (same in PS) If I use a profile that I generated over the Windows built-in function. Lighroom's colors don't change.

To clarify, I edit something in Lightroom (Import sRGB) and export it again (sRGB) and view it in a color corrected viewer. The colors in Lightroom are not the same as the exported when the generated color profile of a calibrator is active. This does not happen when I deactivate the generated color profile of a calibrator. The colors are 1 to 1 the same.

A color profile is active: (on the left you see the exported picture where the dark tones in the foreground are darker)

2020-05-17_14h30_49.png

No color profile is active: (colors are the same in both pictures)

2020-05-17_14h34_45.png

I tried it on different computers and there is the same problem... Have you ever come across this problem?

Best wishes

Dalia

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things come to mind.

1. Are you setting the same Luminance and gamma value when calibrating with the Spyder/Xrite as compared to the build-in method?

2. Within Lightroom, you cannot set the color management, but rather Lightroom uses a sRGB space with a unique gamma curve in the Library Module and a ProPhoto RGB space with a different gamma curve in the Develop Module. You might simply be seeing the difference between the curves.

warmly/j

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
Jao_vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make absolutely sure to use a color managed application when viewing images outside of Lightroom. On windows most viewers are not color managed and some that are you have to enable it in their preferences. Lightroom and Photoshop are color managed and should show you the correct colors. The built-in color corrector only corrects the gamma curves which are dealt with on the video card and not the display gamut so your observations are consistent with using a non color managed app to view the exported images. So question is what are you using to view the exported images?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0