Highlighted

After update to Lightroom Classic 9.3, cannot edit file in Photoshop 2020-the option is greyed-out

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update, all external editors are greyed-out in the 'edit-in' option. Photoshop should be automatically set as the default editor

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After update to Lightroom Classic 9.3, cannot edit file in Photoshop 2020-the option is greyed-out

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update, all external editors are greyed-out in the 'edit-in' option. Photoshop should be automatically set as the default editor

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not here. What operating system? Any chance you are editing smart previews and the master images are located on an external hard drive that is disconnected? In that particular situation, Lightroom Classic will not send those smart previews to Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grey 'Edit-In' menu may be caused by-

1) The photo is 'missing'. Lightroom does not know where the original photo is stored- it has been deleted, renamed, moved, by the OS outside of Lr.  Grid view thumbnail is showing a [!] on the border? (or possibly a corrupt file)

MISSING PHOTOS

2) You are using Smart Previews and the original file is not connected to the computer or available to Lightroom. (eg. external usb drive not connected). Plug in the external drive- check that it is using the same Name/Letter as before. (Also see the link for Missing photos)

3) Lightroom and Photoshop are not linked correctly in Registry/plist.  See this link-

EDIT IN Photoshop command missing

Jim has given you Point#2

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Link above doesn't solve the problem. I noticed the same bug since LR 9.3 MAC, not ob Win10. Meanwhile I uninstalled PS to a former version: no sucess. CMD E works no longer. Thanks for some needful help. PS defaults in LR all grey 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you see this problem only on your MAC, and not on a PC?

Are you positive the photo to 'send' to Photoshop is not 'missing'?

Have you tried first unstalling and re-installing both LrC and Ps (from the Desktop App)?

Some screen-clips that illustrate your problem may be helpful to reach an answer.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
hansejh LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is me again. Now I've deinstalled PS an LR-C. On MAC there is no new situation. WIN 10 runs perfect from the beginning since updating to LR-C 9.3. Deleting com.adobe.Photoshop.plist was no suitable medium, unfortunately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines