• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All color labels gone?

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just opened LrC and to my horror discovered all of my color labels are gone. i use color labels in my catalog of 40k+ photos as an important part of my workflow.  This is a disaster.

It appears that happened right after an upgrade to 9.4 because I got a splash screen about some new features when i started.

Any idea what happened?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the Filter Bar to find photos with a specific color label, does it find them?

Do you have recent backup of your catalog file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly do you know that All Color Labels are gone?

With 40k+ images in your catalog how do you kknow that the ones you have assigned a color label to are missing those labels.

Did, Do, you have a color label assigned to all of your images?

Pleasse post a screen shot of the Library module in the Grid view mode showing as many images, smaller thumbnails, as you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm replying to both replies to my OP.

1.  I know the labels are gone becuase I use color labels extensively in my workflow. I assgn red with an import preset to all photos to indicate that they havne't been edite, and after editing i assign green to indicate a photo is "finished." All Green photos automatically go into a set of smart published collections, which i then publish to a hard drive on another PC that is constantly chrome casting a slideshow to all my photos to a TV.  So, virtually all of my photos have a color label. 

2.  If i use the filter bar to find all "green" photos it says there are none. And of all the smart collections that automatically contain all of the "green" photos are empty.

3. I  opened a number of back up catalogs going back a few months and LrC is not showing ANY of my color labels.

4. I am 1,000,000% certain that the color labels were assigned when those backups were made.  Please note that virtually ALL of my photos have a color label, so the first thing I noticed when i opened LrC today is that all of my labels were gone. I wouldn've noticed it immediately whenever i open LrC.

5.  Attached is a screen shot showing the grid view.  You'll see that only one photo is green (I just made it green so you could see that it shows green when green is assigned).

I wasable re-assign the green labels without too much pain becuase i happen to have a static collection that I put all green photos into to sync to LrM.  

I am totally baffled and pretty concerned that this happened.  Equally concerning and amazing to me is that when i open my prior backups ALL color labels are gone. There is NO DOUBT that the photos in those catalogs had color labels. It appears that LrC just forgot how to recognize color labels (but when i assign them now they work, so this is weird). 

It's really disturbing that not only did my color labels disappear, but they are not recognized in prior backups. This is the most disturbing part.

This is a serious bug. I don't know how to submit a bug to Adobe, but if someone tells me how to do it I will

thanks for your help.Screenshot 2020-09-20 183621.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be a wild goose chase, but try resetting preferences https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines