• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All custom develop presets were successfully converted to xmp

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR Classic CC on a Mac.  Every time I open LR I get the message "All custom develop presets were successfully converted to xmp" and it will not go away unless I click "ok".

Does anyone know how I can cause the message to quit appearing each time I open LR?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you can offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Lightroom renames the old presets by placing two tildes in front of their name. That way it knows the next time that these presets have already been converted. If the folder that contains the old presets is locked, or Lightroom does not have write permissions, then it can't do this and so the next time it will convert the presets again.

Go to Preferences - Presets and click on the button 'Show All Other Lightroom Presets'. Open the folder that gets selected in the Finder, and look for the 'Develo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom renames the old presets by placing two tildes in front of their name. That way it knows the next time that these presets have already been converted. If the folder that contains the old presets is locked, or Lightroom does not have write permissions, then it can't do this and so the next time it will convert the presets again.

Go to Preferences - Presets and click on the button 'Show All Other Lightroom Presets'. Open the folder that gets selected in the Finder, and look for the 'Develop Presets' subfolder. That is the subfolder that contains the old presets. Make sure Lightroom can write to it, or you could trash all the old user presets.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohanEl54,  thank you very much for your help.

The Finder folder had 6 presets with a ~~in front of the name and 9 presets with no tildes in front of the name.  I put the 9 presets in the trash and that solved the problem.

In your instructions you said "Make sure Lightroom can write to it, or you could trash all the old user presets."   6 of the presets were preceded by~~ so I I could assume that LR can write to that folder, right?

When I put the 9 in the trash, I got a warning that they were locked.  If I wanted to put the 9 back in its Finder folder, do you know how I would unlock them so the LR could write to them?

Thanks again for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Finder, go to the folder containing the LrTemplate files and look at the properties of these "locked" files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select such a file, and choose 'Get Info' from the Finder. That will give you a properties dialog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!!!  Everything is working as it should now.  Thank you VERY MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and cannot seem to resolve it. 

When I go to show in finder for each preset, they show in Adobe/CameraRaw/Import settings or /Settings. 

I tried deleting all the lr template extension presets and still get the message. 

QUESTION - where are LR presets supposed to live? I'd assume under Adobe/Lightroom/DevelopPresets (in xmp form) but that's not where all of mine show. They show in random folders. When I added them I clicked on +, Import presets, per instructions (possibly installed some by double-clicking), and that's when I started getting that message. 

How do I fix this and centralize all my LR presets also so they show the correct folders, all in the same place? 

Thanks, Ester

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when I click on Lightroom, Preferences, Show lightroom Develop Presets, it goes to Adobe/CameraRaw which makes no sense to me! Shouldn't it go to Adobe/Lightroom/DevelopPresets? 

Also, when it does go to Camera Raw, the presets and folders shown there do not match what I see under the Develop module within LR. Folders, presets, nothing matches. 

Help??

Why is this so dang complicated???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting in LrC version 7.3, LrC shares the develop presets with Photoshop's Camera Raw, thus all the XMP files are now in the Camera Raw folders.

All of the other preset types for LrC are still in the LrC folders.

Also, the folder structure of the develop presets in the UI does not necessarily match the folder structure on the disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ester, You may be helped by these two links-

This Youtube video talks about Profiles and Presets-

PROFILES & PRESETS EXPLAINED- Jared Platt

This article from Lightroom Killer Tips

Managing Develop Presets After the 7.3 Update to Classic

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines