Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All folders on Synology NAS are write protected

New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi crew,

Since 2 days I'm fighting a problem that couldn't be worser this time....

Windows 10 (all updates installed)

Lightroom classic 8.3

Camera raw 11.3

All of my files are stored on a Synology NAS DS214 since years without any problem.

I can access all the files via Windows 10 and can create files - folders - and delete them as well without any problems.

If trying to select a folder via LR for export of files it says that the folder is write protected.

Export to a local folder on my Computer is working the same time.

As said: This was working for years and no updates on Synology, Win10, or LR within the last week.

Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers

Joerg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Hi All,

We are happy to announce that Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 was released today and contains a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.3.1 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. See Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same issue since the latest update.

What I've found out: Exporting via right click and selecting your folder manually (via the then opening windows explorer) works. Furthermore: When starting LR as Administrator it can not connect to my NAS in fom of showing the network folder drive (I dont know the particular name). That leads me to believe that there is some authentication problem between LR and the Network Drive. Maybe the process owner was changed and thus the NAS doesn't resolve the source of the writing attempts?

I have no clue regarding a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​Hi dustinp and joergp,

We're sorry about the trouble caused as some users are unable to export from Lightroom Classic 8.3 as they are getting error message "The specific folder is not writable".

Our Engineering team is tracking this issue. In the meanwhile, there is a workaround we're aware of: (already mentioned and confirmed working by some users)

Please select the option "Choose folder later" for export location and see if the export works.

Please add your feedback and valuable votes to the feedback discussion here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-v8-3-have-issues- exporting...

Also, we have documented this issue on a help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/error_export_folder.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash,

the option "choose folder later" is working then.

Please let me know when a final fix is in place.

Thanks and regards,

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce that Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 was released today and contains a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.3.1 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. See Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved.

Sincere thanks.

Good service.

Regards,

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have the same Problem with Bridge. The latest versions are installed.

Is there a a bug fix too ??
Best Regards

Leopold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines