Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All Information is Gone

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 
Logged into Lightroom just now and everything I had there is gone. Hundreds of presets, photos, settings. Did anyone else experience this recently? What did you do to restore it?

Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? What version NUMBER (we need the number and not words like "up-to-date" or "current")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (not classic) version number 5.2.3 24B55F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to check is to make sure you have opened the correct catalog. Sounds like you opened a new/empty catalog, which often gets created during a software update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did some research on that and it doesn't look like I can open an old catalog on my iPhone. It can be done on the computer though, which I don't use for Lightroom specifically. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same has happened to me. Photos all gone including the presets which I paid for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating! Years of using it and never an issue. Hopefully we can get it resolved. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.2.3 would indicate you are using the 'Free' version for iPhone or Android devices.

Maybe you paid for Cloud storage  - Have you logged in with the exact same User info?

You may get a better chance of answers at-

LIGHTROOM (CLOUDY) FORUM

or GET STARTED 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The weird thing is I never logged out. It probably had an automatic update some time from yesterday to today. Maybe something went awol with that. All I did was open the app, it still had my sign in, but it was completely wiped out. No research that I did got me back the info. I'll look into those links. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, you have lightroom for mobil v 5.2.3

So you do not have Lightroom Classic, but a version of Lightroom not classic to run on a mobil device. As such, it does not use catalogs, it uses Albums, Albums in your Adobe Cloud account

Perhaps better answers will come from posting at: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-for-mobile-apple-tv/bd-p/lightroom-for-mobile-and-apple-tv?...

You posted in the Classic Community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines