Highlighted

All my Lightroom images were lost after last update.

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image are still resident on the disk drive, but not showing in lightroom. Looks to be a catalog problem. I updated and did not pay attention to a popup that said something about the catalog. Now the images are no longer available in Lightroom.

Tried three time with tech support, but they all did the same thing. Each tech worked on it trying all the catalogs they could find on the system and when none worked, gave up and siad they could not fix it.

Asked if I could re-import the images to a new catalog, and was told the changes, ratings, etc. that I made would be lost.

I have well in excess of a hundred thousand images, which means this is a major problem for me.

I need the image and all my work back. If this proves impossible then I have to consider lightroom an umrelioable tool. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

All my Lightroom images were lost after last update.

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image are still resident on the disk drive, but not showing in lightroom. Looks to be a catalog problem. I updated and did not pay attention to a popup that said something about the catalog. Now the images are no longer available in Lightroom.

Tried three time with tech support, but they all did the same thing. Each tech worked on it trying all the catalogs they could find on the system and when none worked, gave up and siad they could not fix it.

Asked if I could re-import the images to a new catalog, and was told the changes, ratings, etc. that I made would be lost.

I have well in excess of a hundred thousand images, which means this is a major problem for me.

I need the image and all my work back. If this proves impossible then I have to consider lightroom an umrelioable tool. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dialog you didn't pay attention to probably asked you if you wanted to upgrade the catalog, you should have clicked Yes.

But you can use File > Open and navigate to the catalog.

If you don't know where it is, it's probably located in a folder named Lightroom or Lightroom Catalog inside the Pictures folder.

The catalog file has the extension .lrcat.

You can also do a search with File Explorer/Finder for files with that extension. (LRCAT)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested here, first thing you should do is try to find your last version of catalogue and try to open it.

If not, find the backups of your catalogue and try them one by one starting from the latest.

Your backups are basically duplicates of your catalogue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably upgraded the wrong catalog file, accidentally. Find the most recent catalog file and open it via the Lightroom menu command File->Open Catalog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines