• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my videos are green and I cant fix it in LR Classic

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I noticed that my videos appear green in Lightroom classic. Playing the video is also completely green. Not sure what changed but this has happened with more than one catalogue. Videos in their folder are fine when i go and check on the original file and play fine,

I have an iMacPro running MacOS Mojave 10.14.5. I can look at videos in other programs without issues. What is going on with LR Classic? Same videos in Lightroom CC working just fine as well. Leads me to believe there is something wrong with LR Classic and its handling of video. Does not seem to matter what camera I use of what video format I use, all the same, 100% are green. Not useable. Is there a fix for this? Some setting? Any help appreciated.IMG_9305.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I would try is to deactivate the GPU support and then check.

Refer this article for for more details: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Another point I would check is your monitor profile.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes very recent issue for me. I have been LR user for years. True that I don't edit my videos in LR but use LR to know where clips are on my HD. My original files play fine so it seems issue is with Classic. Interestingly LR CC on the cloud has no issues with these files, just classic on my iMac Pro. GPU deal had no effect. Calibration no change. Now what? Maybe wait for Adobe to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only happening on videos? What about photos?

Did deactivating GPU acceleration help?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Leads me to believe there is something wrong with LR Classic and its handling of video"

I have also seen this issue and have been in direct contact with Adobe. It's a very recent problem - GPU is irrelevant - and I am sure they will fix it soon. For now, I think we are just going have to live with it - and after all, there's little we can do with video in LR other than managing the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just imported some videos from my DJI Mavic Air into Lightroom and am seeing the same thing.

I'm using LR6 (not going to go Creative Cloud.)  This is a new Surface Pro 7, and my first attempt importing videos into Lightroom.  My previous computers imported without any color problems into Lightroom 6 (but playback performance always was terrible.)

The film strip in below video shows correct color, but all through playback is green.  I've tried turning off GPU... but then the video would not even play.  The video plays great using Windows default video player.  I was hoping someone had a fix or further suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, think I figured out the problem with my issue.  It appears to be something with the embedded custom color profile that ships with my Surface Pro 7.  It appears that while these profiles (both the enhanced and sRGB) provided by Microsoft are active we get the green screen.  It also caused my before/after view on images not to work either.

Going to start menu and searching for color mangement brings up a window that allows you to add other profiles.  I added sRGB IEC61966-2.1   after doing that and making it default (or active) the problems went away.

Once you have a the profile added, you can also toggle through the profiles through Windows notifications settings.

This problem ALSO will likely go away if you calibrate your monitor with a Spyder or other colorimeter, as it will then be loading a profile other than those that shipped with computer (Surface Pro 7 in my case.)

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines