• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alle Presets gelöscht, wie auf Backup zurückgreifen?

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was just so careless and deleted all my user preferences (self-created presets) by accidentally clicking on the - (minus) symbol. An undo was unfortunately not possible! Now I'm standing there and I've just lost all my presets. Does anyone know a way how I can get back to the "past" almost 15 minutes in Lightroom? I feel so stupid. It is not possible to save the presets again because the images no longer exist in catalogs. I just wanted to clean up a bit 😞

I would be glad if someone can help me.

Hallo, 

ich war gerade so unachtsam und habe meine Kompletten Benutzervorgaben (Selbsterstellte Presets) gelöscht, indem  ich ausversehen auf das - (minus) Symbol geklickt habe. EIn Rückgängigmachen war leider garnicht möglich! Nun stehe ich da, und hab meine ganzen Presets einfach verloren. Weiß jemand einen Weg wie ich quasi 15 min in die "Vergangenheit" zurück komme bei Lightroom? Ich fühle mich so bescheuert. Ein erneutes speichern der Presets ist nicht möglich, da die Bilder nicht mehr in Katalogen existieren. Dabei wollte ich doch nur etwas aufräumen 😞 

Würde mich freuen, wenn mir jemand helfen kann. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear this. But there is a Warning Dialog that comes up that Clearly states "Permanently Delete Preset" and then goes on to say it is "Undoable". With 2 buttons, "Delete" and "Cancel".

So after all the warnings you clicked the Delete Button????? Or you had previously, for some reason, check the box on that warning dialog to Don't Show Again

If that is the case then you will need to start recreating them to the best of your knowledge. Or maybe you have a backup of your system that you can Restore them from? They are in your Username folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble is, I only work with keyboard shortcuts and so quickly that I didn't even notice. I want to cry. I restarted the catalog from yesterday from the backup, but my presets are no longer there. It just catapulted the images I edited today back into the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Develop Preset are not stored with the catalog, by default. they are stored in a folder in your Username Folder. Windows C:\Users\YourUserName\ AppData\xxx\xxx\whatever folder. On a Mac it is something similar but not exactly the same.

Do you do backups of your System Drive? Windows C drive or on a Mac the Macintosh HD.

If not I suggest you start doing that along with making copies of all your important files and settings.

As for you opening an older catalog you can go back to the origiinal catalog and NOT lose all the edits. Just opening an older catalog does NOT Overwrite your regular Working Catalog File. That is if you didn't overwrite it yourself by copying the backup over the top of your normal working catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines