• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

alt-space windows OS keyboard shortcut is intercepted by LR Classic

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt-space is a keyboard shortcut in Windows OS to open the window management drop-down menu in the upper left corner for all programs. For example, I use Alt-Space and then press "n" to minimize any application to the taskbar. I thought it used to work also for LR Classic but not anymore. LR intercepts the Alt-space key combo and uses it for zooming. Guys, can you not override commonly used OS keyboard shortcuts? How do I get the old functionality back?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's a bug, not intended behavior. In my Windows LR, Space and Alt + Space do the same thing, toggling the zoom.  That is, the intended shortcut is Space, and it's a bug that LR also intercepts Alt + Space.

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines