• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative location to install LRC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My (C:) harddisk is running full and I must install LRC, LR and PS on an alternative (internal) SSD-harddisk. How can I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general it is not possible to install applications on external drives. The data can go anywhere but applications, primarily ones such as Adobe has where there can be parts all over the place should remain on the hard drive.

Either move lots of data to external drives or get yourself a new internal drive. 

FWIW, I have essentially all of my data on an external drive (and I have a 2nd external drive to back up the 1st drive), I also use a cloud backup service incase of disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your reply. I will have to invest.

Kind regards

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a mac but found this which may be helpful: https://www.howtogeek.com/234998/how-to-install-apps-to-an-sd-card-or-another-drive-on-windows-10/

Scroll to: How to Move Installed Apps to Another Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Adobe Creative Cloud application, click on the "settings" icon (the gear shaped thingy near the top). Then click on "Apps". There you have an option to specify where the applications will be installed. Please note: because all applications modify the registry file, which is on your system (C:) disk, you will not be able to launch any application from an external drive if you plug it into a different computer.

But let's address the REAL problem

"My (C:) harddisk is running full"

Is that where your photos are stored? Better you should move the photos than the application. If they have already been imported, you can move them to an external drive via the instructions in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" here: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines