• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An import does not include all files to the catalog

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a catalog with 55 000 pics and now I got problem when trying to import new all folders/files to the catalgog. I have tried to to copy the folders from iMac HD to external disc and back (also imprting from external drive, but nothing seems to help. I have also created a new catalog and tried to do an import. Also to import and old existing catalog to a new one. Even though I have removed the folder and try to import again from different location dows not help. The files are possible to preview, so they don't seem to be corrupted even though the catalog might be. Any proposals how to proceed and save my olda catalog and mange to import new folders?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really don't give any details, so let's start with this:

Adobe Forum.png

In addition to the above, what camera took these photos? What file type are they? Have they ever been imported previously? What troubleshooting have you done so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reminding of guidelines.

1. Adobe product and version number:  LR Classic 9.4 and Camera Raw 12.4

2. Operation system and version number: macOS 10.13.6 (17G14042)   Kernel Version: Darwin 17.7.0

3. Computer hardware:

Model Name: iMac 21.5

Model Identifier: iMac12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2,7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: 87.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 1.71f22

3. Text of error messages: None. 

4. What you were doing when the problem occured: My HD got empty of space so I copied folders with Finder to Google Drive and then back again to HD. I removed the folders from LR and then tried to import the files again to the old catalog without success. E.g. one folder with 3000 pics only maybe one third was imported. The problem is that not all files (JPG and RAW) are imported to catalog. 

4. The photos are taken with Canon G10, 20D and 5D Mark III, both JPG and RAW

5. Troubleshooting so far: I have created a new catalog and try to import the folder (focus on 2009, which has been imoprted before), but the problem persist. I have also created a new catalog, imported the old catalog to it and then tried to import the folder 2009. Same problem. The original catalog shows to contain 55 414 photos.

What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you were doing when the problem occured: My HD got empty of space so I copied folders with Finder to Google Drive and then back again to HD. I removed the folders from LR and then tried to import the files again to the old catalog without success.

How did you remove the folders from LrC? Explain step-by-step.

How does copying folders to Google Drive and then back again to HD solve any space issues?

Please do a search in Lightroom Classic, using the Filter Bar, for one of these photos that won't import, by file name. Please follow ALL four of these steps to do the search:

1. In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removal of folders:

1. Copied folder to Google Drive

2. Removed folder in LR. Now I realize that this was stupid, but I did not first have the Google Drive as folder on iMac HD and it was not visible in LR. I just uplodade the yearly folders to Google Drive by Chrome.

3. I released space on HD by first copying the folders to Google Drive and then to a WD exernal 4 TB drive.

4. I have done all four steps and I can find an image that I don't have a folder (2009) for in the catalog and that is not shown as copied when I import.

What's next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understand this sentence:

I have done all four steps and I can find an image that I don't have a folder (2009) for in the catalog and that is not shown as copied when I import.

Does this mean you did the search in the LrC Catalog and found one of the images that would not import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I realized that specific image 20091219_7043.jpg was in a 2018 folder and not in 2009. I don't know how it ended up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now my iMac is really slow. I tried to re-install my Creative Cloud due to damage and it did only 35% before it stopped. I first need to get my iMac working before I can continue with my catalog issue.

Thans for all help so far, I really appreciate it and I will continue this tread when I'm able to work with my LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I realized that specific image 20091219_7043.jpg was in a 2018 folder and not in 2009. I don't know how it ended up there.

Most likely you accidentally imported the file to the wrong folder. But this is the reason you can't import or synchronize your folders. The default behavior of LrC is to not import a photo more than once, and really its not a good idea to import the photos more than once, it causes more problems than it helps. The better solution is to move the photos in the desired folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to create a new catalog and started importing from scratch. There were some many strange things in the old catalog. There were also others catalogs that previously had been imported which was not possible to import after removal from catalog. I'm happy for the time being even though I lost a huge amount of image adjustments. Case closed. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines