• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An Internal Error Has Occurred: ?:0 Attempt to Compare Nil with String

Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this error is popping up when I hit "B". The action should add the photo to the assigned collection but gives me an error instead.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same message when attempting to drag the photos into a collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so it looks like the problem has something to do with me including a '/' (slash) in the collection name. Devs should probably provide a warning message that certain characters are not allowed when creating collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce that misbehavior with a collection named "A / B". Many people are getting that error message when trying to add to the Quick Collection and other collections whose names don't include "/". LR 10 tried to fix a longstanding bug with custom sort order of collections and folders, and the "fix" introduce this new bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-when-trying-to-add-... 

See that bug report for workarounds that work for most people.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue as well.

The workaround that I fould was to create a new collection then copy the contents of the old collection into the new one and delte the old collection.  Annoying that it needed to be done, but at least it's a fairly easy "fix".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was also getting this error.  I couldn't use B or dragging a photo to a quick collection I created.  I copied the photos into a new collection and deleted the old collection. That worked. There was nothing unusual about the name of my quick collection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines